Hi guys! Hope you’re all doing well, staying safe and healthy.
For today’s post, I thought I’d do something a little different and share with you my favorite brown and terracotta lipsticks. Got a mix of both drugstore/affordable and high end brands.
You ready? Let’s get going!
Back in the 90s, the grungey brown lip was in and it’s just as popular again today. I love it as much now as I did back almost 30 years ago (has it really been THAT long?!).
I’ve managed to get my hands on some great brown and terracotta lipsticks over the years. And these are my favorites (I added color descriptions for the shades I have official descriptions for):
- ColourPop Luxe Lipstick in LA Lady (rosy terracotta – creme finish) – $8
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in 53 Beige Promenade (brown-red – satin finish) – $38
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Retro (muted peachy-pinky brown – satin finish) – $19
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in 29 Teddy Bare (medium brown – creme finish) – $5.99
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai (warm-tone medium brown – satin finish) – discontinued
- Joah Beauty ColorSquad Lipstick in Bestie (creme finish) – $6.50
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick in Rogue (muted rosewood – matte finish) – $18
I love the formulas of all these lipsticks. I’m still mad Bite Beauty discontinued their Amuse Bouche line. The fomula was amazing and even better than their previous Luminous Creme Lipstick, which was also a super popular formula. Why do brands do this? If something is THAT good and THAT popular… KEEP IT AROUND! Not exactly rocket science, you know?
So, how about some swatches?
If I had to pick an absolute favorite out of these, I’d probably have to go with the Milani Color Statement in Teddy Bare. It’s the perfect brown shade that’s more on the neutral side and not too light or too dark. Plus I really like the formula of the Milani Color Statement lipsticks (I had a whole bunch of them, but had to purge them as they got old and went off, but I repurchased Teddy Bare because it’s my fave shade in that line).
Ok that should do it! Have you tried any of these lipsticks?
As always, thank you all so much for reading and your support. I’ll see you soon in my next post!