Hey guys! Happy weekend! Got anything fun planned?
Today I’m going to do the A Little More About Me Tag, which has been floating around the bloggosphere recently. Looked like a fun one to do so… here we are! So grab some popcorn and let’s get going!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It’s naturally straight.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I’ve been getting grey hair since I was 17 and I’ve been coloring it since I was 18. I’ve done it both at home and at the salon. Currently I do it at home. I actually just touched up my roots last night.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I usually wear my hair down, but I change it up, Sometimes I’ll curl it, other days I’ll wear it straight. Other days I might feel like pulling it up or popping in my extensions. All depends on my mood and how much time I have.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I get pedis done at the salon. My fingers I do myself since I use glue on nails.
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
The toes? Usually once a month if I got the time. Fingers? Usually once a week.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I live where you can wear open-toe shoes year-round, so I get pedis year-round.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Can open… worms everywhere. LOL! Usually 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how complex of an eye look I’m doing.
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
My eyes first, that way if there’s any fallout, it’s cleaned up super easy without worrying about messing up the rest of my makeup.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I am a HOARDER! I used to buy just what I needed when I needed it, but since I started blogging a couple years ago, my collection has at least quadrupled. I’ve gone from everything stored in a cabinet in the bathroom to converting my old computer desk into a vanity, which is overflowing.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I’ve never worn false lashes. Part of me would love to try them, but I’m a little scared how my eyes would deal as my eyes are a little sensitive and I wear contact lenses so… yeah.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
I’m an all or nothing girl, so I’m either wearing a full face or not at all. If I’m going out, even to just run errands… full face baby. If I’m just staying at home in my jammies all day, then I’ll just wash my face and do my morning skincare routine, but that’s it.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
Like I just said above, if it’s a jammies day, then no. But if my boyfriend is coming over to hang out… you better believe it.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I have, but I don’t like to.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
Too many. LOL! I’d day half my collection these days is 60% high end and 40% drugstore.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
I get some ideas the night before, but I usually don’t make any final decisions until the next day.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
At least a few times a year. I have so many handbags it’s not even funny. I try to rotate them every so often.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Depends on the day. Weekdays I’m up early for work. Weekends? If I don’t have plans, I’m usually not up before double digits.
18. How often or when do you workout?
Work out? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I’m too lazy for that. I’ve tried and I start getting into a routine, then stuff happens and I slag off and… it’s a vicious cycle.
19. Left handed or right handed?
I am a righty.
20. How tall are you?
5’7″ barefoot. In heels… anywhere from 5’9″ to 6′, depending on the heel height.
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Not really. I took Spanish in junior high and I still remember a little, but mostly basic phrases. I know how to say hello/goodbye/thank you in French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese & German though.
22. How many pets do you have?
I have 2 cats – Chandler, who is 9, and Bowie, who is about 3 months.
23. How often are you on WordPress?
Every day, even if I haven’t published anything on my own blog, I like to keep up with other blogs I follow.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
On my own blog? All the time! Your comments mean a lot to me. On other blogs? Usually. I like to see what others think.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I make mental notes usually.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
Oh my blog name is so lame. I couldn’t think of anything better at the time. I knew it was going to be a beauty blog and The Makeup Case popped in my head. I’m actually thinking of changing the name of my blog though. I just never really liked the name it has. What do you think?
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I usually just use my iPhone (I currently have the 5S) as it seems to work the best for my lighting situation (the lighting in my apartment is TERRIBLE for photos). I’ve tried using my Olympus point & shoot and my Canon DSLR but inside, iPhone just works the best.
28. How often do you clean your house?
I’m one of those who doesn’t clean until I’m sick of looking at the mess. But once I get started, I’m very thorough.
29. What’s your favorite color?
Blue. All shades of blue. And black.
30. Do you swear?
Like. A. Fucking. Sailor.
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well, this is going up Friday morning, so… work. After work? Go home, hang out with the cats and watch the Tampa Bay Rays game on TV while I eat dinner. And maybe watch an episode or two of Angel if I have time (started binge watching my DVDs again recently).
And…. that’s it! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better.
As always, thank you all so much for reading and your support. I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend and I’ll see you again on Monday with a new post! 🙂