Lookie here… it’s another bonus post!
I was nominated by Kaui From Maui for the Infinity Dreams Award. Thanks! This is the 2nd time in the last couple weeks she’s nominated me for a blogger award!
As always, this things have “rules”:
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
So here are 11 random facts about me (I hope none of these are repeats):
1. I’m originally from Michigan. I moved to Florida a little over 15 years ago and I love it. A lot of crazy happens here, but… no snow!
2. I’m a BIG Star Wars fan and can’t wait for Episode VII to come out later this year.
3. I have a probably unhealthy obsession with shoes. My closet could probably pass for the back room of a shoe store.
4. I’ve never been stung by a bee, wasp, hornet…. any of those nasty stinging bugs.
5. I’ve also never broken any bones in my body, which is amazing considering the number of times I’ve smacked my toes on table legs and the like.
6. My all-time favorite TV show is I Love Lucy. It’s a classic and is as funny today as it was back in the 50s.
7. I majorly SUCK at painting my own nails. I always get it all over my cuticles and skin. I’m trying to get better at it though, but it’s slow going.
8. I love baseball and while I grew up a Detroit Tigers fan (since I lived in Michigan), my favorite team now is the Tampa Bay Rays (though the Tigers are my 2nd favorite now).
9. I don’t have kids and I don’t want any (getting too old for that nonsense anyway). My cats are my “kids”.
10. I love to read, but I still buy physical books. I have no interest in an e-reader like a Kindle.
11. My favorite comedian is Robin Williams. He was freaking hilarious. My 2nd favorite is Eddie Izzard.
Here are the questions Kaui had for me:
1. Do you listen to music when you put on your makeup?
Not usually. It’s usually morning, so I’m just trying to keep my brain from going back to sleep and focus on the task at hand.
2. If you could travel anywhere with all expenses paid, where would you go? Pick only one place.
This? Easy. Japan! I’d go to Tokyo Disney, the Studio Ghibli Museum, all sorts of other theme parks around the country, visit the world-famous fish market & auction in Tokyo…
3. What would you buy with $1,000?
Clothes. Makeup. Shoes. Something nice for my boyfriend.
4. Who has the biggest impact on your life?
My mom. I miss her.
5. Do you have any tattoos? If not, do you want one?
Don’t have any and don’t want any.
6. Why did you start blogging?
I started watching a bunch of beauty YouTubers last year and suddenly thought, “Hey I can do this too!” But I’m awful on camera and I have no patience for video editing. But I’ve always had strong writing skills, so I decided to start a written blog… and here I am!
7. What instantly puts a smile on your face?
It depends. Sometimes it’s the cats. Sometimes my boyfriend. Don’t discount the little things. Sometimes it’s the most stupid and trivial thing will make me insanely happy.
8. If you could be best friends with a celebrity, who would you choose?
Ugh… I don’t know! Maybe… RuPaul? I’m totally fascinated with drag queens and Ru is just so freaking amazing. Plus we can share makeup tips and stuff!
9. If you could change a law, which one would it be?
I’d make marriage equality legal all around the world. Love is love, you know? Love knows no color or gender. If you don’t like gay marriage… then don’t marry a gay person. Simple as that.
10. Are you concerned about ISIS?
To a point. The media of course always blows a lot of this stuff out of proportion though.
11. What inspires you to do what you do?
I never know what might inspire me, so it varies.
If any of you ladies have been nominated for this one already, you don’t have to do it again. 🙂
But if you want to do this… here are my questions for you!
1. Manicures or Pedicures?
2. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure snack?
3. Favorite way to spend a night out?
4. If you could only use 3 beauty products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
5. Heels or flats?
6. What is the most thrilling thing you’ve ever done?
7. If you could go back in time and meet any one person from history, who would it be?
8. If you were to be trapped in any one TV show for a month, which would it be?
9. Favorite pizza toppings?
10. Do you prefer to get up early or sleep in?
11. What one beauty item is on your current wishlist?