Hi everyone! Happy Friday!
Today’s post is going to be a little different as I decided to admit some….. beauty confessions.
1. I am terrified of eyelash curlers. Whenever I attempt to use one, I end up flinching or blinking and rip out several lashes as a result. I keep trying to get over my fear but so far no luck. I do own an eyelash curler but it just sits in a drawer unused.
2. While we’re on the subject of lashes, I have never worn false eyelashes. I’d like to give them a try sometime, but that would entail having to use an eyelash curler and…
3. I used to hate wearing lipstick. Actually, I hated to wear anything on my lips except for Chapstick for a long time. It’s only within the last few years I’ve gotten more into lip products and now I’m hooked.
4. I don’t wear eyeliner on my upper lash line. I’ve tried. It looks awful no matter how much I practice getting it right. My eye lids are a little wrinkly (both from age and the aftermath from the reaction I had to the Urban Decay shadow primer, which I detailed in my “Beauty Products I Regret Buying” post), so even just lightly lining my upper lash line just looks really weird. I know it’s “taboo” to only wear eyeliner on your lower lash line, but I do it anyway. Haters gonna hate.
5. And while on the subject of eyeliner – I’ve never tried tightlining my upper waterline. I wear contact lenses and doing that I think would probably be a bad idea (unless I find a liner that would stay put. I’m still looking for the perfect liner for my lower waterline. Anyone have any suggestions?).
6. I don’t wear nail polish on my finger nails very often. I try and within just a couple days it starts peeling and chipping. I’ve tried using all sorts of base coats and top coats but no luck. When I had acrylic nails, the polish would look great for the nearly 2 weeks between fill-ins (and I would totally rock the dark/vampy nail polish shades quite a bit). But I love nail polish so I just get pedicures once a month instead. I do sometimes use the Perfect Formula nail brightener, which I love, but it’s like $30 for one little bottle (YIKES!), so I use it sparingly to make it last as long as possible.
7. And finally… For the life of me, I can’t pull off a dark or red lip color for the most part. I’ve tried and I just end up looking like a clown or just plain stupid. I only own two red lip products – my deluxe mini of Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N45, which is a basic red shade and my Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Adore, which is a kind of medium brown-red shade. I don’t use the MUFE one much, but somehow I can pull off the Revlon one as it’s not a real intense, bright or dark red. It’s really the only red shade I feel that looks halfway decent on me.
So…. those are my beauty confessions. Do you have any beauty confessions? If you’re willing, tell me about them below in the comments.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and as always. thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a fantastic weekend and I’ll see you again Monday with a new post! 🙂