Happy Hump Day! Hope your week is going well!
First a little announcement:
The Makeup Case hit a milestone this week – 400 subscribers/followers! Thank you all so much! I’m thinking about possibly doing a giveaway once I reach 500 subscribers/followers, so please tell your friends about my blog! 🙂
Ok so for today’s post, let’s talk about some beauty mistakes you might be making and not even realizing it. I know I’ve been guilty of some of these in the past.
1. Say you need to re-powder after quick makeup touch-up while on the go or at home. Don’t just use the little puff/sponge in your compact or dip your brush into your powder – you’re actually spreading the oil that has come to the surface on your face even more and worse, transferring that oil from your sponge/puff/brush to your powder. Yuck! Be sure to blot your face first with an oil blotting sheet. Remove that excess oil first, then re-powder.
2. This was pretty common in the 90s (Pamela Anderson was notorious for it), but some people still do this – Don’t use a lip liner that’s darker than your lipstick. It just looks odd and kind of trashy. Always make sure your lip liner matches your lipstick as close as possible.
3. When using a face mask, you might accidentally leave it on longer than intended (you lose track of time – it happens!) or you may think leaving it on longer will do an even better job. Don’t. Leaving a face mask on longer than the time specified on the packaging can cause a lot of problems for your skin, such as burns, breakouts and more.
4. I’ve been guilty of this one on the past… Not using a heat protector on your hair before blowing it dry or styling it. You need to keep those locks as healthy as possible, so using a heat protector is essential in protecting it from damage, especially if you use heat tools a lot (like I do).
5. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “You can tell a woman’s age by looking at the back of her hands.” While it’s true the hands are one of the first areas to start showing signs of age, so is your neck. Remember when you moisturize to also make sure your neck gets some moisture as well.
6. While we’re talking about necks, when applying foundation, especially if you use a foundation shade that’s darker than your face (there are some of of us who have very pale faces in contrast to the rest of our bodies for various reasons), remember to blend your foundation down along your neck and even into your collarbone area if necessary. This eliminates that unsightly foundation line (the “line of demarcation” is what it’s actually called) and everything is even and blended.
7. This is another I’ve been guilty of. When using conditioner on your hair, just apply it to the lower part of your hair. Applying conditioner directly to the scalp is unnecessary since your scalp produces natural oils that condition your roots and upper portion of your hair. If you apply conditioner to your scalp, it could make the hair around your roots greasy.
8. And another one I’ve been guilty of… When you’re applying mascara and you want to get more product on the brush, don’t pump the wand into the tube multiple times. Doing that pushes excess air into the tube, which will dry your mascara out faster. It also pushes in bacteria, which you of course don’t want to have anywhere around your eyes. Either just inserting the wand back into the tube once or once back inside the tube, twist the wand to get more product on the brush.
Do you have any beauty mistakes you’ve been guilty of in the past? Are there any additional beauty mistakes that aren’t listed above more women should know about? Tell me about them below in the comments! As always, thank you so much for reading! I’ll see you again Friday with a new post!